cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

All of the windows for inclusion in the template must be from the same study directory (Error Message)

danderson
11-Garnet

All of the windows for inclusion in the template must be from the same study directory (Error Message)

Good Day All,

I have run into this message in the past and have not thought much of it till now.
Running a simple assembly containing 3 parts in Creo Parametric Simulate. I have 4 results windows up on the screen for the same assembly obtained from a design study that ran 4 separate load cases in the design study. When I try to save the display as a template I get the following error message...

"All of the windows for inclusion in the template must be from the same study directory"

It appears that you are not able to create templates for multiple results windows being driven from a design study with multiple load cases.

Verified in Creo 2 and in Creo 3 M030
I think I'm missing something simple here?

Thanks for any insight you can shed on this,
Don Anderson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:danderson)

Don,

What you experience is how it works.

The template can be considered a mapkey. A stored sequence of generic instructions that are applied. Edit an rwt file to see.

The template would have to work with some relative (from a first selected study) path to find the other studies which are unlikely to be consistent.

The absolute paths won't be consistent.

<study id="1180" name="Analysis1" path=".\..\..\..\wind\" type="4">

<analysis id="1176" name="Analysis1"/>

<loadModeInfo type="4" action="4">

<loadModeScale scale="1.000000" included="true"/>

</loadModeInfo>

Having the studies all in the same directory would be a special case I suppose.

However, when you open your first study the template would have to know the name for the next it is looking for, unless the user is prompted to seek another.

and we lost the facility to append to already open results windows with those from another rwd a while back (wf1.0?.... I saw some discussion on this recently but can't remember where.).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:danderson)

Don,

What you experience is how it works.

The template can be considered a mapkey. A stored sequence of generic instructions that are applied. Edit an rwt file to see.

The template would have to work with some relative (from a first selected study) path to find the other studies which are unlikely to be consistent.

The absolute paths won't be consistent.

<study id="1180" name="Analysis1" path=".\..\..\..\wind\" type="4">

<analysis id="1176" name="Analysis1"/>

<loadModeInfo type="4" action="4">

<loadModeScale scale="1.000000" included="true"/>

</loadModeInfo>

Having the studies all in the same directory would be a special case I suppose.

However, when you open your first study the template would have to know the name for the next it is looking for, unless the user is prompted to seek another.

and we lost the facility to append to already open results windows with those from another rwd a while back (wf1.0?.... I saw some discussion on this recently but can't remember where.).

Charles,

What would be nice is having a Design Study Revision scheme where the design study or Analysis name('s) do not change but allow you to run multiple part iterations for one assembly and allow you to use a template to report for each design study run (modal, load direction 1, load direction 2, etc.)
If you don't change the analysis names from run to run you should be able to use a template to develop the report from?

Don

Top Tags