cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Animation of Water in a Tank

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Animation of Water in a Tank

Hey Everybody,

How can I animate a reservoir with a decreasing fluid level?  I thought that I could just create an assembly with a reservoir and a family table of three different heights of fluid.  I then thought that I might be able to turn the tallest "fluid" off and the "medium" height fluid on....and then turn off the "medium" and then turn on the "low".

But I cannot figure out how to incorporate HIDE/UNHIDE into the animation.  Any suggestions?

I would like the animation to be very primitive.  I am not interested in CFD for this animation.  Just a basic animation of decreasing fluid level.

TIA,

Neal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I think it is display states that you can turn on and off in animation.  You can also do this with transparency by fading one out while fading one in.

Transparency is one where you cannot have different surface renderings.  Rendered surfaces ignore transparencies.

Neal,

you need to create a video ? In what format ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags