cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Anyone have an idea why Creo drops file history from parts and assemblies?

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Anyone have an idea why Creo drops file history from parts and assemblies?

I've been working on older parts and some that are the result of Creo Save-As. Sometimes the entire old history is wiped from what should be Save-As parts.

I suspect they aren't new parts, because those usually carry the considerable and uninteresting history from the templates.

It seems like a great way to clean up file meta-data or for some to do some track covering. Knowing this would be Awesome (inside joke.)

2 REPLIES 2

Someone at PTC tripped and let the cat out of the bag in Creo 2.0 M020 (IIRC).  It had the full history shown on the page... and M030, GONE! except saves.  It was explained that the data is there but for PTC's eyes.

Some clever chap can probably find the report DLL or report file from M020 and replace the later versions.

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:dschenken)

David,

Please review PTC Document - CS38592.

From that document:

With Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M130 a new hidden config.pro option has been introduced: 

• purge_history_on_save_copy yes switches back the old behavior that strips off history information

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags