cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Assembling components

creed-4
5-Regular Member

Assembling components

In the component placement tab I am unable to get the "placement" drop-down box to open.  It won't open on an existing placed component or to assemble a new component. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

click File > Options > Windows Settings > Restore Defaults button

-OR-

remove %APPDATA%\PTC directory

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JonasC
4-Participant
(To:creed-4)

My first guess: when you open a part to assemble, it will be hanging on your mouse curser (moves with your mouse). You need to place it by clicking left into your assembly or open space (anywhere). Now you should be able to use the placement drop-down.

creed-4
5-Regular Member
(To:JonasC)

The component to be assembled appears on the screen and I'm able to drag etc. When I go to the upper left hand corner to the "placement" tab the "collector" option box will not open.
JonasC
4-Participant
(To:creed-4)

Before going to "placement" tab, did you try placing the part somewhere in the room by just clicking left, so it's not moving with your mouse anymore? I know this is a very simple approach to your maybe more difficult problem but I'd try it as a start 😉

creed-4
5-Regular Member
(To:JonasC)

Yes I have. I even hid my model tree to see if it was behind there. No luck. The placement tap can be moved with the mouse and you can send it back to the original location by clicking an icon on the tab. It's as if it shot off the model entirely. When I click on the tab it highlights but won't open.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hi,

click File > Options > Windows Settings > Restore Defaults button

-OR-

remove %APPDATA%\PTC directory

Martin Hanák
creed-4
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello,
Instead of restoring all defaults I selected 'Resume Display of Dialog Boxes'. That fixed my problem. Of course that begs the question of how it was changed.
Thank you so much for your help!
Top Tags