cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Assembly BOM Report (dealing with blank parameters)

dschouster
5-Regular Member

Assembly BOM Report (dealing with blank parameters)

I have written several scripts reading in the assembly BOM report file.

As of now we were able to use parameters that are guaranteed to show up in every report.

We now want to do more advance scripts to automate tasks, which requires us to add additional parameters that may not always show up.

Currently the Creo BOM Report simply outputs a blank space if there is nothing in the parameter.

My questions / suggestions for improvements are:

1. Can the assembly BOM report have delimiters by simple formatting changes?

2. Can the assembly BOM report put a designated character such as "*" when there is a blank parameter?

Maybe this is something Creo can implement.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:dschouster)

If you use a repeat region then you can create a relation either using the ifexist or if parameter = " " function and then if the parameter does not exist or is actually a space you can replace it.

I don't have Creo up, but it would like something like:

ifexists (parameter) then

myparameter = parameter

else

myparameter = "NA"

and then you would call out "myparameter" in the repeat region. We have repeat regions on blank drawings and we open the drawing with a mapkey and then export it as a text file and then import it into a spreadsheet for further manipulation.

dschouster
5-Regular Member
(To:Chris3)

Chris, thanks for the work around.

Part of my post was more of a "Can Creo implement this function in the BOM formatting rules" so we can continue using the simple assembly BOM report.

The BOM report file is designed to be easily read-in as a simple text file but the fact they implement spaces in blank parameters with no delimiter options is a programming nightmare.

The more I can use their "out of the box" tools the better it is for me.

dschouster
5-Regular Member
(To:dschouster)
Top Tags