cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Assembly Cut Out Not Working

ptc-4751188
1-Newbie

Assembly Cut Out Not Working

Hi,

In Creo I am trying to do a assembly cut-outoperation through;

Operations > Component Operation > Cut Out

The error I am getting says that 'Cannot merge a part intersected by an assembly feature'.

How do I resolve this issue?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Hello Benjamin and welcome to the forum.

The idea behind the cutout feature (merge) is that it removed one part from another.

So the feature you created in the assembly cannot -reference- in the process that was done outside the part file.

Hi Antonius,

After looking over this model for a day I cant find the issue. Is there another way around the cut out feature?

I would have to see the files you are having an issue with.

Would you have a look for me?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4751188)

Either PM (private message Antonius with the files) or zip them and post if possible.

Thanks, Dale

Benjamin, I will have a look this evening and let you know what I see.

Are you using the optional mold extension module?

Thank you, no im not using that module. I've just created the mould using techniques I have learnt from university

Oops, that is what I was afraid of. Creo full version cannot open university version files.

Try contacting Timothy Brotherhood and see if he can help either convert the files for full version Creo or tell you why this merge feature is failing.

Hi Benjamin,

You've likely already moved on but, if not, here are my thoughts.

The Cut Out operation cannot be used on components that are intersected by assembly features such as assembly level cuts. If this is the case in your model, you can either delete the assembly features, redefine the assembly features that intersect the parts selected for the Cut Out and remove them from the intersection list, or reorder the assembly features after the Cut Out.

Hello,

DIfferent accuracies between models can also result in failure.

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-4751188)

Hi Benjamin,

Answer by Clint is a correct one - CutOut is restricted when refrerence component is intersected by assembly cut.

In order to achieve same result, do the following :

- active a component where you want to CutOut from

- select surface on the referrnce component that needs to be substracted, RMB / Solid Surfaces - will select all solid surfaces on it

- Edit / Solidify / Remove Material. here you go.

Regards

- Vlad

Top Tags