cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Assembly Process Flow in CREO

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet

Assembly Process Flow in CREO

Hello everybody.

In the need to facilitate and standardize the assembling process flow and testing instructions of our products, I tried to use the "Assembly for Process Plan" to better organize the documentation to support the factory.

I think that, just because probably PTC is not developing this application anymore (perhaps in favor of other SW we do not have) I didn't find a simple and effective way to create, at least in "semi-automatic" way, the documentation I need.

How is your approach to create assembling and testing documentation starting from your Assembly DATA in CREO ?

I'd prefer to remain in CREO environment and not use other SW, because typically this documentation is prepared by our Mechanical engineer who use our internal formats, symbols, ... 

Thanks a lot in advance

Pier

3 REPLIES 3

I cannot think of an update or enhancement to Pro/Process since the late 1990's, maybe longer. It is still in the software, but not actively maintained.

I can't think of other options within Creo Parametric for maintaining process documentation. However, MPMLink within Windchill can generate work instructions, and Creo Illustrate allows you to create images and animations for work instructions.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:pdiletti-2)

I would say, despite being dated in user interface, Process for Assembly is useful for what you look for.

Find proper documentation (Help is not bad imo), if you get proper setup (drawing template with sheet per each step) then work is quite fast and easy.

pdiletti-2
11-Garnet
(To:vzak)

Hello

I tried to start with "Process for Assembly" but the User Interface and the functionalities are the same I used many years ago. So I suppose PTC is not developing this application anymore.

Furthermore, for instance, it seems that it's not possible to use the Simply Reps already defined on original assembly. So I have to "re-do" a lot of work. In my opinion it's not a good approach.

I'm going to customize CREO Assembly with specific application developed by specific SW (SmartAssembly).

Thanks

Pierluigi 

Top Tags