cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Assembly Relations for Family Table Parts - Session ID Changes when Part is Replaced

eng_sentechas
10-Marble

Assembly Relations for Family Table Parts - Session ID Changes when Part is Replaced

For an example, I have a family table of angle parts. The cross section (size) of the angle can change based on the value of a parameter that defines the cross section. The length can also change which is driven by relations in the assembly. 

If I have an assembly with 3 total angles in it, (1) of angle 1 and (2) of angle 2. The relations in the assembly might look like this:

for angle 1:  length:2=d2*3

for angle 2:  length:4=d10

The problem is, if I replace one of the angle 2 parts with an angle 3 part, the length:4=d10 relation changes to length:6=d10. Because there is still one of the angle 2 part in the assembly, I don't want the session id to change in the relation. I want the length:4=d10 to stay length:4=d10 and not change to length:6=d10

Does anybody have a solution so the session id doesn't change when replacing parts if the original part still exists in the assembly.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I finally found the solution to my problem. The key is to use the component id in the relations and not the session id for what I'm trying to do. I can replace family table members without changing the relations.

Steve

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I finally found the solution to my problem. The key is to use the component id in the relations and not the session id for what I'm trying to do. I can replace family table members without changing the relations.

Steve

Top Tags