cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Assembly component name in model tree - RED ??

ChrisVanHoeck
1-Newbie

Assembly component name in model tree - RED ??

I am working on in an assembly that i pulled out from windchill, when i open the assembly some components (text) in the model tree are the color red.

I have had other users on my team open the assembly and they do not get the red labeled text in their model tree.

does anyone know why it is red? what it means? how to fix?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Chris...

Anything in BOLD red is having a problem. It could be that the component is missing, failing, or not constrained properly. In the old Pro/E Wildfire versions 4 and older, when a failure occurred, you were dumped into "Failure Mode". In Wildfire 5 and above, the problem component or subassembly simply turns RED to let you know it needs attention.

Anything in BOLD red is the actual object having an issue. Anything in a fainter, non-bolded red is failing due to the BOLD object. Usually if you resolve the bold red object, the rest fix themselves (not always by many times).

With Wildfire 5 and above, you really have to get in the habit of checking the "Stop Light" tool. If your model is on the RED stop light, click the stop light itself to get an information window which will help to isolate the problem. If your model is yellow, you have some warnings which may/may not need attention.

Now that the failure mode doesn't just pop up anymore, you have to be vigilant about monitoring the stop light. But on the whole, most people were happy to see the resolve mode window go away.

Thanks!

-Brian

Like Brian says that could be due to several problems, missing components will be my first guess working on the wrong directory or even different proe versions.

Brian but i still miss the quick fix...redefine buttons

Yeah... I know what you mean Hugo. JUST when I get really good at fixing things quickly and efficiently (after a zillion years), the resolve mode goes away!

well but i still have those resolve mode from time to time since i use EMX application for Creo that was programed over wildfire 2 version i think

Don't forget that there is a config option to bring it back should you wish to feel the pain again.

Wow. I think I really did forget that! We have a few of the grizzled older guys who might just like it the way it used to be.

There's only one reason I can think of to really need the old Resolve Mode... and it's a secret I've kept very quiet for at least a dozen years. In fact, it may be the ultimate Ninja Cabling Technique. It might be the best hidden trick I have but it's also the only one I can't give out. We've almost moved past it's usefulness but I'm actually nervous about mentioning it even after all this time. I may need to let another release or two of Creo go by before I spill the beans.

I'll email it to you Martin.

Brian, you really do watch too many cheezy B-Flicks with all that suspense build-up!

...resisting urge to ask what the reason is!

I was raised on cheesy B movies... especially 80's horror movies. I guess I can't help myself!

jrodrigues
5-Regular Member
(To:ChrisVanHoeck)

Now as you have mentioned that your other members can open the assembly properly.. There is a issue with server synchronization. While retreiving the assembly form your workspace, there is probably a break in you server connectivity due to which the failed components are not getting added to the local disk. There is no problem with the assembly constraints...

Top Tags