cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Assembly cut - tube stamped with a radius

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Assembly cut - tube stamped with a radius

I have a radius that is cut into the end of a tube. The is an assembly where I have a raw tube (various lengths in a family table) and then the end if coped (stamped with the radius). The radius seems to keep moving away from the place where is was defined. I regenerate the model and it doesn't fix it. If I open up the feature (don't do anything) and then click the green check mark it fixes itself. Any thoughts on this odd behavior?

When first opened up:

After regen (same)

While redefining the feature:

After excepting:

Thanks, Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

All the tubes have a cope. Some have difference radii. Also, the BOM wouldn't reflect the raw part if it was just part of the tube.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

It is not that the cope changes the overall length of the tube, it is that the raw tube is purchase from a vendor - Part 123. After it comes of the press, it is now Part 124. I want Part 123 in the BOM. So if the cope is part of the part and not an assemble cut, there is no BOM for the part.

Also when the length is different, Part 234. When that part is coped and becomes Part 235. It also need to reflect the correct part in the BOM so that the operator know which tubes to grab off the shelf.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Of course different companies and users have different requirements but I try my best not to "overdo" the real world BOM versus the Creo structure. I know sometimes companies have direct integration between creo and business systems and in that case, strict rules have to be followed to ensure proper transfer of information.

That being said, if maintaining a specific structure isn't required, don't do things in creo that simply makes things difficult.

Just as an example, I worked with a guy who went through some sort of training that said you document all your processes in the models. He was trying to take plate steel, 4ft x 8ft and apply all the operations in his expected manufacturing order to make his parts and assemblies. Needless to say, that didn't last long.

In my world, I don't try to emulate all the levels of production and all documentation levels. I produce engineering drawings that provide enough information to build and inspect the part. We have other systems that control BOM, manufacturing routings, etc. that are specifically built to do that.

Okay...I guess I will get off my soapbox for now and go back to my sleepy training video.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Any chance you could share this model?

Hi,

I created test models in CR2 M070 and uploaded them. You can investigate them.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags