cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Assembly failure

ponnarasu120
5-Regular Member

Assembly failure

Hi,

I have a big assembly which consists of many sub-assemblies and parts. If I open the main assembly some of the sub-assemblies are getting a failure, but if I open sub-assemblies first and then the main assembly it works fine.

Note: the problem is not a missing component it is a failure of sub-assemblies.

Kindly share your experience and thoughts on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ponnarasu Mathialagan.

9 REPLIES 9

@ponnarasu120 wrote:

Hi,

I have a big assembly which consists of many sub-assemblies and parts. If I open the main assembly some of the sub-assemblies are getting a failure, but if I open sub-assemblies first and then the main assembly it works fine.

Note: the problem is not a missing component it is a failure of sub-assemblies.

Kindly share your experience and thoughts on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ponnarasu Mathialagan.

Hi,

it looks like subassemblies are located in separated directories.

You have to add search_path options pointing to these directories into config.pro file.

Martin Hanák
ponnarasu120
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your answer.

But as I mentioned the problem is not a missing component.

I assume it is about the difference in sub-assembly versions.

Regards,

Ponnarasu Mathialagan

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ponnarasu120)

Are you keeping the same sub-assemblies in different folders on your computer (or server)? This is a very bad practice and makes it impossible to know which is the latest file or even which file you are opening or have open currently.

ponnarasu120
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Hi Stephen,

I'm using the sub-assemblies which are kept in different folders only. But, not the same subassembly in different folders.

Regards,

Ponnarasu Mathialagan

@ponnarasu120 wrote:

Hi Stephen,

I'm using the sub-assemblies which are kept in different folders only. But, not the same subassembly in different folders.

Regards,

Ponnarasu Mathialagan

... what search_path options are included in your config.pro file ? Can you publish them in next reply ?

Martin Hanák
ponnarasu120
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

There are many folder directories (For ex: search_path J:\pro_tekeningen\_CAD_Standard_folder\_FASTENERS)  I have added in the config file.

I don't know which one you're asking for.

Can you give me an example?

Regards,

Ponnarasu Mathialagan

@ponnarasu120 wrote:

Hi Martin,

There are many folder directories (For ex: search_path J:\pro_tekeningen\_CAD_Standard_folder\_FASTENERS)  I have added in the config file.

I don't know which one you're asking for.

Can you give me an example?

Regards,

Ponnarasu Mathialagan

Hi,

please verify whether config.pro file contains search_path option pointing to directory, where subassembly file is located.

Martin Hanák

Search path would be something like:

G:\Engineering\ProductA

G:\Engineering\ProductB

G:\Engineering\ProductC

G:\Engineering\ProductD

G:\Engineering\ProductE

G:\Engineering\ProductF

where ProductA, ..... ProductF are the folder names. And if you have many folders, this list will be long, but needs to contain each one.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

It may be easier to utilize a search.pro file and then use a single line in your config.pro pointing to the search.pro file.

1) Create a folder for your search.pro file, it can be any name and location, but preferably on a network shared drive for all users to access.

2) In config.pro enter search_path_file set to the folder your search.pro file is in with the file name.

search_path_file x:\creo_settings\config\search.pro

3) Each line in search.pro is a folder that gets searched.

x:/creo_files\library\bolts

x:/creo_files\library\washers

x:/creo_files\library\nuts

x:/creo_files\product_a

x:/creo_files\product_b

Top Tags