cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Assembly model scale

Dom_CHENTRE
12-Amethyst

Assembly model scale

Hi,

I would like to change the model scale of a whole assembly (Creo2)

Model \ Operations \ scale Model

> entering a scale value (1.5)

> confirmation (Yes)

This don't have any effect. So we have to change scale part after part.

Then, if this operation is not possible on an assembly, strange to see this option is available in assembly mode.

Is there any manner to do this ?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dom_CHENTRE)

Don't use that scale. It will only work part by part.

You may be able to use a UNITS change to accomplish this.

Go to file, prepare, model properties and adjust the units, if you can set the units change to accommodate your needed scale.

First unit change would be to "interpret" the dimensions (1" becomes 1.5 units).

Second unit change would be back to the "convert" back to the desired units (1.5 units becomes 1.5")

I just don't know if you can make it work for any scale factor or if it has to be only a real units change, which wouldn't work for you.

I know it's not a good explanation but you might want to experiment with it to see if you can get something to work.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kdirth
20-Turquoise

The option in the assembly would control dimensions created at the assembly level such as offset datums, assembly constraints, and assembly cuts.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Don't use that scale. It will only work part by part.

You may be able to use a UNITS change to accomplish this.

Go to file, prepare, model properties and adjust the units, if you can set the units change to accommodate your needed scale.

First unit change would be to "interpret" the dimensions (1" becomes 1.5 units).

Second unit change would be back to the "convert" back to the desired units (1.5 units becomes 1.5")

I just don't know if you can make it work for any scale factor or if it has to be only a real units change, which wouldn't work for you.

I know it's not a good explanation but you might want to experiment with it to see if you can get something to work.

Thanks,

I can manage scales as I wanted according to your explanations.

However, there are 2 steps for doing this.

1 In Units tab : Creating a user unit ex: 1 my_unit = 1.05 mm

2 In System of units : creating a custum SU with the special unit I've created.

ptc-6515909
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Using Creo 3, I'm not getting the option to go 1:1 with submodels checked. Since I'm working with an assembly of several hundred parts I'd rather not scale them individually! Any new information to share with the masses?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6515909)

Are any of your parts locked (PDMLink) or otherwise not modifiable?

The include sub-models would need to be able to modify each and every part in the assembly.

If there are any parts locked (using pdmlink or otherwise), you can't scale using the "include sub-models"

ptc-6515909
4-Participant

I cannot find anything that has been locked in the assembly.

In order to work around the issue I have re-imported the Step file as geometry-only and was able to get the sizing corrected. However, I do still find it frustrating how difficult dealing with imported data is in Creo.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6515909)

Good that you found a solution.

Not sure what "geometry only" means for an import.

ptc-6515909
4-Participant

Poor memory on what the screen said from me... See attachment.

Also, I imported it as a part, instead of an assembly.

where do I need to put 1,5 value for new unit. I just can add Units Name. Where do I need to put 1.5?

Top Tags