cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Assembly part keeps flipping

ptc-267878
1-Newbie

Assembly part keeps flipping

many times when I assemble components and everything looks good, I execute the assembly and the part flips in the other direction. why does this happen? And why is there sometimes no 'flip' option available?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I recently had this happen when I constrained a part with a point and axis. any tips would be helpful

This mostly happens when the assy connection is not truly fully constrained... check to see if the "assumptions" box is checked? It seems that ProE will change that blind assumption at times to what ever "it" feels is convenient this time which is sometimes different then last time you had it opened.

Hope this helps... might not be the answer but this has happened to me before.

Michael Ohlrich, Design Engineer
Benchmade Knife Company
mohlrich@benchmade.com<">mailto:mohlrich@benchmade.com>
(503) 655-6004 x122

[cid:image001.jpg@01CBEF82.554A49F0]

This is the reason, but "Allow Assumptions" will not prevent it from flipping. You have to add a new "Oriented" constraint. Use the Mate/Align to orient the component as you require.
Top Tags