cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Associative Shrink wrap

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

Associative Shrink wrap

To all,

My company uses what are called "_drw.asm" assemblies to show the various installations of sub-assemblies on a drill rig. I would like to have a master assembly and create some kind of associative shrink wrap so they can use these instead of having to use the master assembly in the "_drw.asm" installation assemblies.

My question to you all is how do you generate your installation drawings, and is there a better way to make a lightweight surface copy or something that is smaller yet contains the geometry desired by the engineers when creating these massive installation drawings?

Most of these installation assemblies can be very large also.

I appreciate any feedback or help any of you could offer on this subject.

Buddy Hudson

CAD PDM Admin

Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

One catch to this guys and girls,

If there are changes made to parts in the shrinkwrap or geom copy, and checked into Windchill, I want the installation assmebly to update without having to bring the parent models into session in Creo.

Top Tags