cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Auto Switch Background for Drawings or Modeling

ScottJohnson
14-Alexandrite

Auto Switch Background for Drawings or Modeling

I have been looking through several posts for automatically switching from one background to another, based on the option module. When I am in Modeling or Assembly, I want my customized "Black" background with old school yellow and red datum planes. When I start or open a 2d drawing, I want a Black on White background. Is there a way in the .dtl, .scl, or .pro file to make this happen without me manually changing it each time?

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ScottJohnson)

That is very similar to how I have my setup, well, different scheme but same concept.

I think the secret is to use the "gradient background" and then adjust the gradient from black to black (gradient setting on but no gradient defined), Since the gradient isn't active in drawing mode, that is how you can get a different color for the drawing and modeling modes.

Once you've got it like you want it, save the systems color file (.scl file) and set the config.pro option for system_colors_file to point to the .scl file you created.

I've attach my .scl file so maybe it will help get the settings. It's been a long time since I did this so there might be some steps I've neglected.

Top Tags