cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Automatically set drawing parameters

nwilliams-2
2-Guest

Automatically set drawing parameters

Hello,

I often "Save as" large assemblies with many parts which I need to update drawings for.  In doing so after the parts have been updated the only update that needs to occur on the drawing is in the title block.  All of those fields are set up via drawing parameters.  To speed along the process of going into each one of these I have created a Mapkey which will add the date, my name, some other basic info and I will add the drawing number manually.  The problem is I have to redo this mapkey each day I use it so I can update the date.

Is there a way to pull drawing parameter information from a file so that my mapkey can point toward that instead of having to reenter the information each day?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
rcook
6-Contributor
(To:nwilliams-2)

Have your mapkey put in "&todays_date" (case sensitive) instead of manually typing in the date.

That did not work actually because it is a parameter it just shows up as &todays_date.  That does work when I put it in as text in an annotation but not in this case.

I did however find the following which seems to answer my problems by creating an OS script mapkey:

Re: a way to date / time stamp a drawing?

neomechanikosdescribes how to create two mapkeys (one which copys the date to the clip board and the other which pastes it).  For my purposes I would like the date to display 23DEC15 but for now I have modified his OS script to state:

for /f "tokens=2,3,4,5,6 usebackq delims=:/ " %a in ('%date%') do echo %a-%b-%c |clip

Which makes the date display as 12-23-2015.  I am ok with this for now but will update in the future.

mslotty
5-Regular Member
(To:nwilliams-2)

todays_date_note_format

%dd%MMM%yy

add and set this in your config Pro and wherever the "todays_date" parameter is used, it should populate like this.

There is another date option called "date_type_parameter_format", but I believe this one only controls the Automated date pararmeters driven by windchill

I'm not 100% sure what happens if you use both config options at the same time and two different date note parameters (...created_on   or todays_date)

Top Tags