cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

BOM ballon not appearing on simplified rep of a COMPONENT.

aderosa
1-Newbie

BOM ballon not appearing on simplified rep of a COMPONENT.

Hi,

I'm having an issue with BOM balloons; here's the setup. I have a particular part that needs to be in a couple assemblies, but in each assembly it needs to be displayed as a different simplified rep (same part no. just bent differently in each assembly). I couldn't manage to edit the simplified representation of the components in the master rep of the assemblies, so I created a simplified representations for all the assemblies and set the components to their correct simplified reps. The models and drawings look fine. I figured out how to set the BOM tables in the drawings to the assembly simplified rep, but the balloons that would correspond to the components with simplified reps refuse to appear.

For example, the assembly could be made of 2 parts. Part 1 is displayed as simplified rep, called bent_part_1, in the assembly. Part 2 is displayed as its master reps in the assembly. The BOM lists both parts, but only a balloon for part 2 shows up. Has anyone had a similar issue? I would really appreciate some help!

Best Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After spending the better half of a day on this, changing the repeat region attributes to no duplicate fixed the problem. I don't know how or why this worked since there were no balloons or duplicates of anything, but I'm just happy I have balloons!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:aderosa)

You may be using a particular version of Creo?

The only way to always avoid problems with BOM tables and BOM balloons is not to use BOM balloons and just use drawing symbols.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:aderosa)

BOM balloons are officially not supported on views with different repeat regions. There may be a workaround though.

Allow BOM Ballons from Master Rep Repeat Region to be displayed on Simplified Reps

Look at Christopher Rees's comments about using edit attachment and the "same ref" option. I've tried it and I know it works but I'm not 100% sure you are describing the same situation.

After spending the better half of a day on this, changing the repeat region attributes to no duplicate fixed the problem. I don't know how or why this worked since there were no balloons or duplicates of anything, but I'm just happy I have balloons!

Top Tags