cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

BOM balloon

Vinee
1-Newbie

BOM balloon

Hi,

I have parametric BOM table in my assembly drawing. I have few dummy parts(no features inside, just has parameters needed for BOM) for making the drawing BOM parametric. I would like to know is it possible to call the ITEM numbers for those dummy parts in to general note of drawing, which will have link to BOM. So any updates to assembly in future will update those item numbers automatically.

I'm not sure, whether my question in here is valid or not, but my requirement is that.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Vinee)

Vineeth,

can you upload some files (drawing, assembly, parts) for testing purposes ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Apologies for the late reply.

Sorry I won't be able to upload those files as its confidential. I'm just going through the link mentioned by Chris & Tom. Let's see if i can make it out.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

If you do a google search you will see that this is a somewhat common request. Unfortunately until recently there has been no way to do this.

I don't know what release it was, but at some point PTC built functionality into Creo / PDMLink to allow for component level parameters so that find numbers can be synced with PDMLink. I don't know where the documentation for this is, but I think it is something David Haigh has worked on. I am not sure how to link to his name. You may be able to use this functionality to solve your issue as well.

As I recall the discussions from David Haigh - it is not an easy process to setup.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Chris3)

I believe the article you referring to is this:

Component Parameter in repeat Region - BOM Balloons

Here are some other related articles:

Find_and_Line_number_support.pdf

Assembly Component Find Number Question

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:TomU)

Yes, thank you that is what I was referring to.

Vinee
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Thanks Chris & Tom for this. I'm going though the link you have shared and will update you if i'm able to get what I'm looking for.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Vineeth,

Are you able to manage this work? You can mark the appropriate reply on post as correct answer.

Top Tags