cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Backwards Backshells on Flattened Harness

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Backwards Backshells on Flattened Harness

Hello fellow Routers,

When creatinga flattened harness (.mfg), I often end up with one or two backshells ("Attached to Harness") that show up backwards. By "backwards" I mean oriented 180-degrees from their orientation in the 3-D assembled harness.

What's odd is that the backwards backshell is frequently the same component -- assembled with the same assembly constraints -- as other backshells which show up properly oriented in the flattened harness.

Is anyone else experiencing backward backshells?

If so, have you traced the behavior to anything particular (i.e. the manner in which the backshell was assembled, etc.)?

What workaround(s) do you use to either avoid or remedy theproblem?

Thanks for the feedback.

1 REPLY 1

The orientation of the Z component of the CSYS at the connector or boot or backshell must be leading away from the connector e.g.2 connector HDMI cable would have the z component of the parts pointing at the midpoint of the cable.

The flattening I can only assume orients the z components the same, hence a flipped z direction results in a flipped backshell

Top Tags