cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Balloon Note Bug

jmay
4-Participant

Balloon Note Bug

Anyone else having the following issue??

Create a balloon note or edit an existing one....using the ribbon interface in 3.0 change the font and select ok...CRASH...Myself and two co-workers have each tried this and are getting the same result.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
rcook
6-Contributor
(To:jmay)

No crash for me. Creo 3.0 M040.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Yep, fatal error crash for me too - Creo 3.0 M020

The work around is to edit properties of the balloon note.

There you can uncheck "default" and select a new font.

That works fine... but I hear you on the lost effort during fatal errors.

THIS NEEDS FIXIN', PTC!

If double clicking a note to edit, the "FORMAT" tab is greyed out forcing the user to select the font changes from the dialogue box that pops up. When editing a balloon note, the "FORMAT" tab is not greyed out allowing users to select from either the dialogue box or the format tab. Selecting font changes from the "FORMAT" tab while the dialogue box is active is where the fatal error is encountered. I think that the "FORMAT" tab should be greyed out to eliminate selection from that tab.

jstone-2
5-Regular Member

Verified this bug in Creo 3.0 M030 as well.

jmay
4-Participant

I failed to mention I am running 3.0 M060...Spoke with a rep this morning and they verified it as well. They are taking a look at it. If i hear anything i will repost with info.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Thanks John.  Since you likely have maintenance, you can create a support case.  This assures you will get an answer and the bug is reported.

If you do not know how this is done, basically, you have a support account.  You might need to get some information from your IT department to create a support account for yourself.

jmay
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

PTC R&D is working on it. SPR 5066985.

Top Tags