cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Basic assembly Creo 3.0 . Missing first item when calling for 2nd item

jwong-5
1-Newbie

Basic assembly Creo 3.0 . Missing first item when calling for 2nd item

Hi there im learning Creo 3.0 hope to get some help here. I am trying to create a assembly by the following steps:

1. Introduce the first component and set default constraint.

2. Coincident constraint to assemble

However when i add a 2nd component to the assembly , the previous assembly disappears. What can I do?

Thanks !

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dcokin)

...or is it a scale issue where the 1st part swallows the first.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dcokin
13-Aquamarine
(To:jwong-5)

By any chance, might that 2nd item be a skeleton part?  If so, that's the expected behavior; skeleton's always pop to the top of the tree, above regular models.  If you didn't mean for that part to be a skeleton, you could create a new part, using the skeleton as a template instead of the usual start part.  Also note, that it's only the first skeleton in a model that actually is locked in the top position.  (To use multiple skeletons, config.pro settings must include "multiple_skeletons_allowed yes".)  Although additional skeletons will initially pop to the top, you can drag them farther down the tree if you want, so you can constrain to other parts.  You can even delete that first skeleton after addition additional ones, if you don't really need it.

If that's not it, then I have no idea.  You should provide more information.  Is the item still listed in the tree, it's just hidden?  (Layer issue?)  Or is the new model actually being inserted higher up in the tree?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dcokin)

...or is it a scale issue where the 1st part swallows the first.

Thanks for the response ! Antonius Dirriwachter, @Darren Cokin. This is embarrassing, its a scale issue. 1 of my item is in inches and the other is in mm. Thanks!

Top Tags