cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Boolean operations failed when applied on almost identical geometries

G_Alexandre
1-Newbie

Boolean operations failed when applied on almost identical geometries

Hello everyone,

I have a whole bunch of models to compare (for the context, these models have been remodelled manually in Creo to reproduce the geometry from their STEP file, so I have to make sure that the part imported from the STEP and the remodelled part are exactly the same).

However their default coordinate systems are not in the same location... As we can't specify a different origin point for the "compare part by geometry" fuction, I had to follow the workaround specified here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS294135 

So I assemble the two parts together in the same location, and try to do a Boolean Cut on one part with the other, and at this point most of time the geometry fails to regenerate, and the Cut fuction displays a regeneration error...

Do you have any idea what is the cause of this problem? Alternatively, can you recommend me another way to (kind of) easily compare geometries please?

Thank you, and have a nice day!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags