cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Break external reference in Shrinkwrap?

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Break external reference in Shrinkwrap?

Afternoon,

I've just simplified a customer assembly by replacing several of the sub-assys with shrinkwraps of themselves, and I'm now uploading these into Windchill.

Windchill has created a number of "incomplete CAD documents" (aka ghost objects), and after some painful investigations it appears that each shrinkwrap contains a reference to the assembly that it was created from. This assembly obviously wasn't in session when I opened the top-level assembly to pull it into Windchill, and therefore doesn't exist in Windchill - hence the ghost.

Is there a way to edit each shrinkwrap .prt to break this link and leave it truly stand-alone?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags