cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Bulk Item Quantity in Family Table

kbeach-2
5-Regular Member

Bulk Item Quantity in Family Table

I have a bulk item with user input selected on the BOM_REPORT_QTY parameter. When it is added to an assembly, I am prompted for the quantity used (as expected). The assembly is tabulated and I would like to vary the usage of the bulk item across the various instances, but when I add the component parameter BOM_REPORT_QTY to the family table and vary the value across the instances, those values are reset to the generic value when the table is verified.

Documentation states that bulk items may be assembled multiple times and the value changed each time, but adding all of those items to the family table then turning them off/on based on usage seems cumbersome - the task becomes worse when dealing with large Pro/Program assemblies. The goal is to have CAD BOMs with fractional quantities feed Windchill BOMs parametrically, so repeat region relations in the drawing are not an option in this case - the values need to be driven by the bulk item quantity.

Am I missing a setting that allows this parameter to be changed in the family table? Please note: Our compnay is still on Wildfire 4.0 with plans to upgrade later this year, so if a solution exists in a newer build of Pro/E, please note which version/build. Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags