cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

C of G in Assemblies & Drawings

cdown
4-Participant

C of G in Assemblies & Drawings

Guru's,

Does anyone have any standard regarding doing / showing Cof G in models and drawings?

I seam to remember something about doing an analysis feature then tying a cord sys to it, then it would move automatically if the CofG changed. However how do you then show this in a drawing?

I was looking a doing a cosmetic feature in the model which would be tied to the coord sys...is this the best way?

Any other ideas would help.

Cheers

Colin Down

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:cdown)

Method I've used is to add a Datum Point to the model(prt/asm) template at some offset from the Coordinate System that mass props are based on. You can use relations to set the X, Y and Z values equal to corrosponding values from the mass properties. Use the point asthe attachment (center point) of a C of G Symbol. That way you don't have to worry about aligning an annotation in the model to the view(s) in which you want to show C of G.

Others will likely have their recommended methods but this has worked for me in the past.

Top Tags