cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CREO 4 MASS CALCULATION OF ZERO

MarcHaren
6-Contributor

CREO 4 MASS CALCULATION OF ZERO

I have a stencil that I'm adding to an assembly just to show it graphically and I want the weight of the part to be zero.  Is there a way to assign a weight to a part that has the mass parameter locked?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MarcHaren)

My suggestion is to change the density of the stencil to be a very small number so the mass of the part would effectively be zero. You would do that under File - Prepare - model properties - mass properties change. Modify the density as required.

You can "assign" mass but getting the upper level assemblies to use the assigned mass is a setting that will allude future users attention. To be honest I can't really remember how to make the assigned mass show up consistently, it's always something I have to research.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

My suggestion is to change the density of the stencil to be a very small number so the mass of the part would effectively be zero. You would do that under File - Prepare - model properties - mass properties change. Modify the density as required.

You can "assign" mass but getting the upper level assemblies to use the assigned mass is a setting that will allude future users attention. To be honest I can't really remember how to make the assigned mass show up consistently, it's always something I have to research.

MarcHaren
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

That's what I was doing but I was hoping I could just give it a value of zero.  We also have some other parts that have that have an assembly weight but were created as parts that I was hoping to just assign a weight rather than finding out the volume and doing the calcs.  I guess I'll just have to run with that answer thanks.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Don't give up completely, it is absolutely possible to assign mass and have your assemblies use that. I just don't remember exactly what all it takes to make it happen correctly and what sort of training you would have to give to your fellow users so they would understand and recognize when to use it and set it in their assemblies.

Hi,

to get model with zero mass make it as surface model (not solid).

Martin Hanák
Top Tags