cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Cadworker licensing

JoshuaHouser
16-Pearl

Cadworker licensing

I'm curious about the setup of a Pro/E licenses for a Windchill cadworker and what other companies are doing.

I expect that once we start publishing everything in ProductView that our cadworker is going to get hit with a lot of requests. Therefore I hope to spec a massive machine that can handle multiple Pro/E sessions publishing multiple assemblies.

On that note, I was assuming that I could just move a license off my server and install it as a locked license on my cadworker, therefore giving that machine the ability to launch multiple instances of Pro/E sessions without taking up multiple floating licenses from my pool on the server.

Is anybody else doing this? Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Joshua Houser
MCAD Tools Administrator
Pelco
Worldwide Headquarters:
3500 Pelco Way
Clovis, CA 93612-5699 USA
Phone 559/292-1981
North America 800/289-9100
-

www.pelco.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello ,

We worked with pro-e & WC interation by using a TRIAD License . It contains 3 licensing server that keeps the ball moving w/o any licensing issue. Our power users were happy with this setup.

Sriram Rammohan

Joshua,

it's not necessary to use a locked license to setup the cad worker.

PTC has a free license called PROE_Foundation Vis that you can use instead, but they usually don't tell their clients

Marco

I found out more information regarding the FREE PROE_Foundation Vis license for publishing from a CADWorker. It is a very basic single license mainly for small to medium sized businesses that only have one CADWorker set-up. It would be worth looking into if you don't publish that often.

Top Tags