cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Calculating weight of parts and assemblies

HugoHermans
9-Granite

Calculating weight of parts and assemblies

Can someone point me to a document describing the possibilities to calculate the weight of parts and assemblies? The different approaches, pro's and contra's?

I know of the built-in parameters, and the option to update them 'by request' or automatic. Second approach is the extra analysis feature in the footer, accompagnied with some relations.

Thanks in advance, Hugo.

<< ProE WF5 M180 - PDMLink 9.1 M060>>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-drawing/12669-assembly-weight-drawing.html

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=120455

&asm.mbr.pro_mp_mass[.#] in your BOM

&pro_mp_mass[.#] in your TITLE BLOCK

use Geometry for calculated mass or Geometry and Parameters for user entered mass in your SetupMass Properties dialogue box... click Actions - Edit to enter your mass or "weight"

Thanks Kurt and Walter, you confirmed my conclusion. The strang thing is that the footer approach was introduced in one of our daughter companies only a few years ago, being in WF4. A decision that will be reverted on Monday.

Crucial is the option "mass_property_calculate", an option I discovered only a week ago. When the default is "automatic", and there is an easy way to set a session to "by_request", there is no need for an extra feature in a footer.

Regards, Hugo.

<< ProE WF5 - PDMLink 9.1 M060>>

Top Tags