cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an assembly be exploded in ProductView standard?

Highlighted

Can an assembly be exploded in ProductView standard?

Can an assembly be exploded in ProductView standard? Currently we are moving each component one at a time, which is time consuming and tedious.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

RE: Can an assembly be exploded in ProductView standard?

There is no "Automatic explode" tool in the ProductView, as far as I know. But why do you need to auto-explode an assembly? If you're making illustrations, you should try Arbortext IsoDraw - it has "auto explode" as well as some more useful thing for making technical publications.
Highlighted

No, our requirement is not to auto-explode. When viewing an assembly (one with many components) in ProductView, sometimes we need to explode the assembly to view some components. Currently we are moving each component out of the way, which is time consuming.
Highlighted

I'm sure you know this, but in case... There is no need to move each component separately - you can first select multiple components (including sub-assemblies) by holding Ctrl (and/or Shift and/or using "Select Parent/Children" command) + clicking components in the "Product Structure" window (and/or 3D view area), and then move all the selected components at once.
Highlighted

I did not know this option, it would be useful. I just wanted to know if there was an explode option available in ProductView standard. Perhaps an enhancement request. Thanks.
Highlighted

Explode tool in PV 9.1

Hi, I have been informed by PTC that the explode tool is planned to be in the next release of ProductView Professional at 9.1
Highlighted

RE: Explode tool in PV 9.1

Hooray! \o/
Announcements