cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can search.pro be used in Creo view express (folder based)

Alain
1-Newbie

Can search.pro be used in Creo view express (folder based)

At the moment we store our files in folders because we have no Intralink or Windchill application yet. This means that there are library folders and project folders and many components are re-used in other projects.

I use the search.pro in PRO/E to get the correct parts and to avoid double parts in my folders. The whole setup contains 50+ folders.

When a electrical engineer wants to view an assembly of the project in Creo View Express, he can’t find all parts due the the folder structure. Is there a way to use the search.pro in Creo View Express?

The other options would be:

* that I need to make back-ups of the assembly in a DUMP folder.

* Create e-drawings of the assembly.

Both options are time consuming and never up-to-date.

Cheers

Alain

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Alain)

Alain,

I found this option, too.

Just one note ... during Save action, Creo can create several .pvz files (for an assembly and every modified component).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Alain,

Creo View Express does not recognize search.pro.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

That was also my thoughts ....

Is there any other way around besides places all in one folder?

Alain

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Alain,

see http://communities.ptc.com/message/196248

You can "backup" an assembly into single file with .pvz extension.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Instead of saving each time a pvz or edz-file can I instruct PRO/e each time I save an assembly or part to save automaticly an .pvz or .edz-file that I can open in the viewer?

Alain

Alain
1-Newbie

OK, I found it:

generate_viewable_on_save yes

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Alain,

I found this option, too.

Just one note ... during Save action, Creo can create several .pvz files (for an assembly and every modified component).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags