cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Can't access files if change windows

vsrivastava
1-Newbie

Can't access files if change windows

Hello. I am having problems with opening my files. If I have one (part/assembly) file opened [on Creo 2.0 Students edition], and switch to another creo part file, I am unable to edit the first file again. I have to make sure that I save my file first, and then open it again to be able to use it. Can someone tell me why is this happening, and how to solve it?

Problem.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:vsrivastava)

Go to the VIEW tab in that window and select ACTIVATE.

Alternatively, when you switch windows, don't use the windows to switch, go to the VIEW tab, select the WINDOWS icon, and select the model you want to work on in the drop down list.

Dang it, you beat me to it.  That's what I get for taking the time to make a screen shot.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Creo windows, in Creo2 and older anyway, do not automatically become "active" when you switch to them via Windows.  You need to activate the window by going to the View tab and picking "activate" near the right end:

Capture.JPG

If you use the "Windows" drop down there to switch windows, the new window is activated automatically.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

CTRL+A is a common command to activate ProE/Creo window

ctrl-a.png

Quick and easy

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags