cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can't pattern part created in assembly

TomK_MN
7-Bedrock

Can't pattern part created in assembly

Created a part in an assembly, now I want to pattern it but when I select it Pattern is greyed out. 

If I add another of the created part to the assembly it lets me pattern that one.. but patterning the original would be much faster/easier to get it into place. 

I did use reference from another part to create the part i want to pattern. is this causing issue? 

Would like to know why it won't let me pattern and how to fix or

any ideas for an easy work around.

using Creo 6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the part created does not have any offsets to pattern with - it may not be patternable.

You might consider the Flexible Modeling Extension if you have it... that might work.

Or crate the part referencing something that can be flexed dimensionally.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If the part created does not have any offsets to pattern with - it may not be patternable.

You might consider the Flexible Modeling Extension if you have it... that might work.

Or crate the part referencing something that can be flexed dimensionally.

This was the issue, once i fixed the part I was able to pattern it 

@TomK_MN wrote:

Created a part in an assembly, now I want to pattern it but when I select it Pattern is greyed out. 

If I add another of the created part to the assembly it lets me pattern that one.. but patterning the original would be much faster/easier to get it into place. 

I did use reference from another part to create the part i want to pattern. is this causing issue? 

Would like to know why it won't let me pattern and how to fix or

any ideas for an easy work around.

using Creo 6

Hi,

if you want someone to give you an aswer, please upload your assembly.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags