cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can't save view orientation in assembly

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Can't save view orientation in assembly

A user called me over today to look at his assy.

He has it checked out. The window is active. Yet when he tries to save a view orientation to a name the save button is grayed out.

I opened up a new part and it works as expected.

The assy is not locked in the workspace.

I'm stumped.

Running WildFire 4-m210 with PDMlink 9.1-m060

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Is it an instance?
You don't seem to be able to save named views in instances, you have to do it in the generic.

Regards
Sarah Ford
CAD Designer
Westwind Air Bearings
Tel. 01202 627236

Just to eliminate all of the obvious. Just by clicking in the name box will not get the save button to highlite. You have

to type in the box and the the button is now available. Aside from that I've never seen that!

goodluck

Gary

So the issue isn't a family table, there is no family table in the assy.
The assembly does have simplified reps, but he's trying to save the view from the master rep. So that's not the problem.

We can open up other assemblies and save a new view name. No problems there.
Still stumped.

David Haigh
Top Tags