cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cannot pick part or datums after stp import into assemblies

RandyMorrison
1-Newbie

Cannot pick part or datums after stp import into assemblies

I am running Creo Elements/Pro M080 and after importing stp files into an assembly, I cannot pick the part, datums or axis to assemble them. I can edit the stp file at the .prt level to add the datums, axis, etc., but cannot pick anything in upper level assemblies.

This worked with WF5.0 M030, but not with M080. Any solutions??

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Does anyone else have this problem with Creo M080?? Is this a bug in the software???

I am running M060 & I dont experience the problems you are talking about. I normally open step file & use the feature recognition tools to add my datums or any other features I need. Then I would assemble after that. I just did a test & it assembles just fine.

The issue was config.pro setting "default_obj_constraints_scope" was set to "none". This needed to be set to default "all". It took a few days to figure out, but problem solved.

See above for answer.

Top Tags