cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Change Feature Internal ID

hdasilva
13-Aquamarine

Change Feature Internal ID

Hi,

Does someone know a way to externally change a feature's internal ID?

For example:

I have an assembly with 3 Parts.

Base - A solid model, with a solidify(cut) feature.

Cylinder - A solid model with a Quilt.

Star - A solid model with a Quilt.

The solidify feature is cuting the "Base", having the "Cylinder" Quilt has reference.

I want to be able somehow, to externally change the ID in the solidify feature, so that when i open the assembly, and regenerate, the "Base" is cut by the "Star".

A.png@

Thanks for any help

Hugo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Edit definition of Solidify feature and change its reference.

MH

Martin Hanák
hdasilva
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin.

Thanks for your response.

I've been using Creo for 3 years. I am comfortable with the basic operations.

What I  want, is to be able to somehow (maybe with programming), to change the internal ID of a feature.

Imagine that instead of 1 part, i want to cut 47 parts. I would have to mannualy change all of the solidify features. But if i could change the Quilt ID, it would be much easier.

I know that i could resolve this problem with other features, like the Cut Out, but i really want to be able to change the internal ID:

Thanks again!

Hi,

I am sorry, I do not know how to change reference using standard user interface.

Also, I do not uderstand what goal do you want to achieve. Please explain your real situation to enable community to help you. You can also upload example data using How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags