cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Change positioning centre

måkesson
1-Newbie

Change positioning centre

Is it possible to change the positioning centre of a part or an assembly? In the picture below the moving centre is off the assembly by 1500 mm and I would like to move it to an centre axis of one of the parts.

Change_positioning_centre.jpg

Any help is appreciated

Mattias

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

I have not been able to replicate what you show here.  Is this issue only on that one part?  Or is this issue on all parts you create?

Regards

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

How did you select the part? What was the command sequence you used?

This is not the default behaviour.

Is this effect only for this specific part?

Regards

WoHo

I selected the Position command and then selected the assembly from the tree.

There are a couple of assy's that have this problem, but I think they are all from an older program versions. This has never happened, to my knowledge, on new parts that I have created on version 19.0. They probably inherited the problem or they were created during transfer I think to the newer version.

This is more of an annoyance than a problem really. Was just wondering if there was a command to move the "positioning centre".

Regards,

Mattias

Hi,

I also have the problem Mattias told.

It should be possible to define the position of the Co-Pilot like I want.

That would be a very nice innovation.

Kind regards

Johannes

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:jbahr)

Hello,

is it possible to upload this model so that we can play with it?

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

3D-Co-Pilot.jpg

I generated this simple model.

The centre of the 3D-Co-Pilot ist not in the centre.

To turn the model on its own axis i have to use the dynamic positioning.

It would be better if the 3D-Co-Pilot is always in the centre. Maybe the centre of the cylindrical surface.

Furthermore it would be nice, if i could define the centre on my own.

--

Johannes

Hi,

I attached the file with this message.

/Mattias

The assembly has his origin outside the models, where you can see nearby the copilot.

Reason could be:

the first part in the assembly had this position, other parts have been included, later other parts have been deleted.

But the origin of the assembly is the same as before.

I changed the origin of the assembly and it looks good now.

See attached file

best regards

WoHo

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:måkesson)

If you pick the model from the screen rather than pick it from the Structure Browser, and have the "Selected" option selected in the Position dialog,  the 3D CoPilot will be centered on the point that you picked.

What do you mean with "Selected" option?

Top Tags