cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Change the rename feature/geometry command back to what it WAS.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Change the rename feature/geometry command back to what it WAS.

This is from my other thread:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/181326

I had "Geometry Points" I made in a datum curve, and I wanted to rename the points individually, not the sketch, and it took me hours to find the way to do it, whereas I had a simple mapkey before and i cold pick "Other" and rename anything I wanted.

If you're in a top assembly, and ANY feature or buried feature you want to rename is in a part or lower-level assembly, you must either OPEN that assembly and do it there, or ACTIVATE the part or lower-level assembly where the feature resides. So, you have to do all this, AND scroll thru 2 separate menus containing ALL the many features in a part (some of mine have had 1,400+ features!) to get to a simple rename, instead of just doing it?!?!?! Wow. Can't wait to be done with these changes so I can go back on WF4.

Change it back to the way it USED to be where we can simply PICK what we want, not have to scroll through potentially THOUSANDS of features to find the one we want to rename.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Ok, so, I THOUGHT I'd put this in the "Ideas" section. Ah well, who cares....

Top Tags