cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Change which plane an assembly is mirrored in

haåman
7-Bedrock

Change which plane an assembly is mirrored in

Hello,

Is it possible to change the plane in which an assembly is mirrored when using the command Mirror Assembly? And in that case, how can I controle it myself?

Thank you!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:haåman)

Hi,

If u have mirrored the assembly and u want to change the plane without failing the mirrored object u have to refer the children parts i.e the mirror feature with some other plane. U can create a plane for the mirror

else, if u change the plane mirror will fail.

Hope that helps

haåman
7-Bedrock
(To:haåman)

I've set up a Product Idea regarding this so please vote: http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/3522#comment-11841

Here's a workaround from Doug:

1. Create a temporary assembly and assemble your parent object by default.
  2. Select "Create" from the Model tab, Component area.
  3. In the dialog select "part" and "mirror"
  4. Select "Mirror geometry only" and "Geometry dependent"
  5. Unselect "Placement Dependant". This prevents a parent child relationship between the new part and the assy.
  6. Select your parent part
  7. For the "Planar reference" (mirror plane), select a plane in the parent part, NOT an assembly plane. This is important so you do not create a parent child relationship to the assembly
  8. Select OK. The part is created.
  9. Open the part and save it. Do not save the assy.
  10. Close the part & assy and erase from session.
Top Tags