cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Component failed (missing model) on downloaded parts

sbundy
1-Newbie

Component failed (missing model) on downloaded parts

I am making an assembly using parts downloaded from the PTC manufacturer CAD portal, with the exception of a mounting plate part that I created. After assembling and constraining everything, I save and exit with no issues. But when I try to open the file, the only part left is my mounting plate and all of the downloaded parts are red in the model tree and in the regeneration manager they all say "component failed (missing model)". Not sure what issue is; everything seems to be in the right place, but I'll admit I'm not computer savvy at all so maybe I'm missing something. I've redone this assembly so many times and it is driving me up the wall

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:sbundy)

My guess is that the parts got saved to some folder that Creo cannot find.

Solutions:

1) Locate the part files and move them to the same folder as the mounting plate and assembly.

2) Create a search_path line in config.pro to point to the folder that contains the downloaded files.

3) If multiple foldeers for the downloaded parts, create a Search.pro file that has all of the folders in it and then a search_path_file line in your config.pro.

*You will need to check that I got the names right for the search path information as I use Windchill and never have to worry about where a file is located.

Thanks for your response!

Everything is in the same folder, but I am still having this issue.

Perhaps this is a rudimentary question, but how would one go about creating a search_path line in config.pro?

Hi,

please can you attach:

• picture of Creo window reporting the issue
  • picture of Windows Explorer showing directory containing model files

MH

Martin Hanák

Here are the screenshots.

creo.PNG

documents.PNG

Hi,

you have to move lsgl10_200.prt and w0801ma_1py_c3z1_110_70_.asm files into Z assembly directory.

Also you have to move all components included in w0801ma_1py_c3z1_110_70_.asm assembly into Z assembly directory.

MH

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:sbundy)

The component files are in sub-folders, not the same folder.

In config.pro add

search_path     c:\users\mydocuments\myassembly\subcomponents

To use a search.pro file, create the file in c:\users\whatever\search

The search.pro file has lines like these:

p:\vendors\cummins\model

p:\vendors\abg\model

p:\vendors\detroit\model

p:\vendors\duetz\model

p:\vendors\kubota\model

p:\vendors\skf\model

In config.pro, add this line:

Search_path_file   c:\users\whatever\search\search.pro