cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Component wire frame in cross section?

dcoauette
3-Visitor

Component wire frame in cross section?

Hello,

I have a component in a large assembly that displays fine (no hidden lines, tangent lines dimmed) normally, but when I show a cross section (that doesn't intersect the component at all) the component displays as wireframe and I can't change it?? Any ideas or thoughts?

I've tried excluding this component from the cross section (even though it's untouched) to no avail.

I am working in Creo 2

denny

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

having this same problem right now!

with cross section (which is placed 30 inches away from the part)

Capture1.JPG

no cross section in view

Capture2.JPG

Is it an imported component, possibly a surfaces model?

If so, you need to create a section using the Solids & Quilts (something like that).

It is an important component and is a surface. So even if the cross section doesn't touch the part I still have to ensure that I choose solids and quilts? Seems a little weird to me, but thanks I'll give it a try. Any other comments are helpful.

thanks again

Denny

Well so far this is the work around I've come up with. Still seems a little buggy to me but it is what it is right now. I've decided to forego the cross sections for normal projection views with certain subassemblies and components 'blanked' for a clear picture of what I need to see. Not exactly what I wanted but it should work. If anyone comes up with a fix for this in the future, please post it on this discussion. Thanks! Denny

Did you use the Model and Quilts option in creating a section? It isn't for creating a section of a quilt; it's for whether quilts are included in the hidden line removal computations or just dropped into the section view as-is.

Up through WF5 the choice had to be made when the section was defined. I hope in Creo that PTC made it so that it would be able to be redefined.

did u use " hidden line removal for quilt" option

Yes, I did try that and it did nothing for me. Thanks though.

Denny

It seems like a bug in the software**. If you're on maintenance, think about reducing the assembly and drawing to something your company would feel comfortable sharing, because that's what support will probably want. Then give tech support a call.

If there is a well known problem, they should suggest a release version that has that problem corrected. If it isn't they'll want a copy of the file to examine.

**Bugs are when software acts randomly to do what you don't want.

Features are when software acts reproducibly to do what you don't want.

So far it seems like a bug, but tech support may claim it's a feature.

Top Tags