cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Components moving in an assembly

mc-2
1-Newbie

Components moving in an assembly

Hi Friends,

I had created a small assembly consisting of 10 cables and some conduits. In the drawing I had saved the support frames as draft entities.

But later, I did not need one of those cables. So I deleted it. But when I did that, the rest of the cables move from their respective co-ordinates and position themselves at the wrong place.

I assembled the model by co-ordinate systems (not by normal mates).

Can anyone give me an idea why this is happening and how to rectify this?

Thanks

Mahesh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:mc-2)

Did you create a draft group of the draft entities and relate that group to the view?

Deleating the cable may have changed the overall size of the view causing the view to shift.  The origin of the view, by default, is the center of the view.  If the model changes the view origin may move.

CREO does not work well with draft entities.  I normally assemble any "support structures" into the model and leave them.  The component display can then be changed to a phantom font and the model filtered out of the BOM.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
mc-2
1-Newbie
(To:mc-2)

Yes Kevin. I did that. Thank you for your point. That's exactly the problem. I have to rectify it now. I followed the same procedure suggested by you. It worked. Thank you once again.

Top Tags