cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Components moving in assembly

mc-2
1-Newbie

Components moving in assembly

Hi Friends,

I had created a small assembly consisting of 10 cables and some conduits. In the drawing I had saved the support frames as draft entities.

But later, I did not need one of those cables. So I deleted it. But when I did that, the rest of the cables move from their respective co-ordinates and position themselves at the wrong place.

I assembled the model by co-ordinate systems (not by normal mates).

Can anyone give me an idea why this is happening and how to rectify this?

Thanks

Mahesh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mc-2
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Hello Gunter,

Yes you are right. By the title, since the cables are the sole components in my assembly i mentioned so. Sorry for the confusion.

I figured out the problem. The problem was, the moment i delete some cables, the overall view size is altered to a smaller size in the drawing view. Since the skeleton is in draft entities, it seems as if the cables are moved to a wrong position. But in reality, we just have to unrelate both the views and manually move it according to the current view size.

Thanks

Mahesh

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:mc-2)

Hello Mahesh,

from your description I understand that cables change their location - to some extend this can be expected, since cabling features affect each other not in a sequential way as you are used to from other features in the model tree. Later cables may affect those created earlier. And in return removing cables might have an effect, too.

But what confuses me: Your title says "Components moving in assembly". You actually mean cables moving, not the components, right? Cable routing is created by features from the harness model (which would be a component of the assembly).

Regards,

Gunter

mc-2
1-Newbie

Hello Gunter,

Yes you are right. By the title, since the cables are the sole components in my assembly i mentioned so. Sorry for the confusion.

I figured out the problem. The problem was, the moment i delete some cables, the overall view size is altered to a smaller size in the drawing view. Since the skeleton is in draft entities, it seems as if the cables are moved to a wrong position. But in reality, we just have to unrelate both the views and manually move it according to the current view size.

Thanks

Mahesh

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:mc-2)

Thank you for letting us know, Mahesh!

So a rescaling of the view with the cables tricked you into believing the cables have moved, because you were viewing them with respect to another, related view.

In reality they were not, just the layout of the drawing got slightly disarranged and had to be corrected.

I am marking your post as Correct Answer, to signal that this question/issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Gunter

mc-2
1-Newbie

You are welcome. And thank you for your suggestions as well.

Regards

Mahesh C

Top Tags