cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Copy surface between a parts

mferioli
1-Newbie

Copy surface between a parts

Hi I have a problem with a comand copy surface   whit Creo 2.

I have  a ASM  with two part, into a second part I have copy all solid surface as reference.

A copy into a ATT20 ... part is make into another ASM and now Is assembly into this ASM

Cattura1.JPG

Now I would modify a feature copia1 becouse a part is change.

if I use a second option "REMOVE A EXSTERNAL REFERENCE" there is problem but if I use a first option ....

Cattura2.JPG

and copy all solid surface creo give me an error.

Cattura3.JPG

Could you help me???

Best regards

Milko

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
bbrejcha
12-Amethyst
(To:mferioli)

it is better to copy surfaces between parts using a Top Down design approach.       If you want to make a discussion of doing it not with external Copy Geometry but the discussion has to go to how to select surfaces with out changing you selection filter from smart first.  Then you can right click thru the geometry to select your surface.   Very seldom does a user need to get into 'details' like you are. 

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

-

Hi,

could'd you make an example of top down design?

I think that I have not explained well, my English is very poor.

Best regards

Milko

Top Tags