cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creating Linked Parts for Charges

RIchardKoziol
1-Newbie

Creating Linked Parts for Charges

I have two parts that will be casted that will use the same tool, but have slightly different post processing (i.e machining, lettering etc). I would like to make a standard part that will represent the part prior to any machining as it came out of the die. From there I would like to have the two parts I am designing link to that standard part so I can make changes to it and have the features update for both parts. This will also ensure that they are truly the same except for the few mods. Is the only way to do this by making an assembly and using copy geometery/shrinkwrap? I ask since this was something I could do in CATIA with their part body feature, was hoping there was something similar that I could use in Creo (2/3).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I would use merge/inheritance for this. You can merge one part in to another so you can add features for the next level.

In Creo 2, create an new empty part, go to GET DATA, then Merge/Inheritance. Open your "base" part and place it using default (like assembling a part).

Or a family table

Welcome to the forum, Richard.

Top Tags