cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creating a section of internal components of a Creo assembly causes the initial section to disappear.

MikeFreitag
2-Guest

Creating a section of internal components of a Creo assembly causes the initial section to disappear.

I have a Creo 3d assembly model in which I want to create a section thru some internal components.  I have a cross section thru the entire assembly.  When I activate that cross section and go to create a new cross section referencing one of the internal parts, the original main cross section is undone and I can't see inside.

PTC tells me this is normal functionality.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You should be able to mix a general section with a local section.

Not immediately obvious, but I'm pretty sure I've done it before.

On the drawing you can add local sections to a section view, but in the assembly it deals with one at a time. You can place the components that obstruct the view on a layer and then blank that layer in order to ease making the new internal-part section. I think it can be done with a simplified rep, but I don't recall if it results in the section depending on the simplified rep in some way.

AFAIK it is normal.

This problem is happening within the 3D assembly, not within the drawing. 

PTC recommends creating a zone (I haven't done this before) cross section to show the internals.

I just hide the offending components.

Top Tags