cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Creo 1.0 M030 serious bug?

bfrandsen
6-Contributor

Creo 1.0 M030 serious bug?

Hi all,
I just installed the brand new M030 release of Creo 1.0 today and have come across this scenario:

Start Creo 1.0 M030 and make Server Registration against Windchill 9.1 M060. I can access all my workspaces and everything works fine.
But, when I close Creo 1.0 M030 and start a new session of Creo 1.0 M030 it freezes all over as soon as I have logged into Windchill. Only solution is to kill the application in Task Manager.

Both Creo 1.0 M010/M020 works OK on the same hardware with Windows XP 32 bit and are installed in parallel.
Can anyone confirm this?

Best Regards,
Bjarne Frandsen

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

After reading your post I installed Creo1p-m030 on our 64bit Dell m6600. I had Creo1p-m020 installed and did an update install. I was able to connect to our WC9.1m050 server. Opened a file from a WS, edited, Saved, refreshed the WS then Exited Creo1. Relaunched Creo1, viewed the WS, opened the model with no issues. I then switched servers to our new WC10m030 Test server and performed the same with no issues.

Sorry Bjarne, couldn't duplicate your reported behavior....least not yet.

bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:bfrandsen)

Hi all,
I got two responses who had installed Creo 1.0 M030 and could not reproduce this error. A suggestion on installing for the logged on user was tried, but Creo still hanged.

I then tried starting it without any config.pro and the problem disappeared. I have nailed the problem down to the config option:

windows_browser_type MOZILLA_BASED_BROWSER

Creo 1.0 M030 will hang when linked to Windchill and using e.g. Firefox as the embedded browser. I will open a ticket with PTC on this one.

Best Regards,
Bjarne Frandsen

Top Tags