cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 1.0 M050 - Assembly Model Tree Lag Issue

ptc-2151062
1-Newbie

Creo 1.0 M050 - Assembly Model Tree Lag Issue

Recently upgraded two workstations to Creo Parametric 1.0 M050. Since then, we've noticed an interesting quirk. When adding a component to an assembly, the part does not immediately show up in the model tree (after confirming component placement) - it usually requires an "Activate Window" or Regenerate for it to appear.

Anyone else noticed this? This is pretty annoying and needs to be fixed in the next release.

Andri

Creo 1.0 M050, Windchill 10.0 M030

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Creo 2.0 M030 is not exhibiting this problem.

Is this true for an assembly with only a few parts or is this limited to huge assemblies?

Assembly size does not seem to matter.

Andri

have u closed the components first and then called for assembly? If so it should not require activate i guess.

Creo Parametric 1.0 Standard Support has ended as of October 5, 2012. I recommend that you update to Creo Parametric 2.0, M030 and test for this behavior using that version/build. I have not seen the issue you describe from anyone that I know of using Creo Parametric 2.0.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dhippe)

I know these are huge decisions in enterprise environments but in this case I have to agree with Doug.

Creo 1.0 was an introductory release full of bugs and serious CPU overhead. Creo 2.0 seemed to have resolved many issues that will never be addressed in 1.0.

Having said that, I would recommend going to M020 and skip M030 in Creo 2.0. M030 did suffer a performance hit for unknown reasons. So far, however, Creo 2.0 seems quite stable with few exceptions noted here on the forum.

We saw the same thing when we updated some of our users from Creo 1.0 M030 to M050. We also noticed it in part mode sometimes too.

-Greg

does any one know how to fix it without a reinstall?

Christopher, try a search in the update advisor and see if the problem was solved in one of the Creo 1.0 releases:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/update_advisor/update_advisor.jsp

Or you can contact tech support to see if they can advise.

Does PTC even have a plan to upgrade CREO 1.0 to a new maintenance release? I know they basically abandoned it.

We cannot move to CREO 2.0 since our Windchill instance is on 9.1 M060 and we do not plan to upgrade to M070 for a few more months.

PTC has discontinued standard support for Creo 1.0 as of October of 2012. M050 is the last planned build for Creo 1.0.

If we're paying our maintenance, they should support us. What a crock. But then, look at the lack of support I got with my windburn problem.......

Top Tags