cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo 1.0 crashes

BillChapman
12-Amethyst

Creo 1.0 crashes

We have had an issue since going to Creo 1.0 that causes crashes across all our workstations. We work with several Creo windows open and are seeing crashes when switching between assemblies and parts. The issue always occurs the moment you click the activate window within Creo.
[cid:681021519@01032012-3449]

Still having the issue with M030, Win 7 64, Nvidia FX3800 graphics card. Just upgraded to the latest Nvida driver, did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Bill Chapman
Sencon
ph 708-496-3100 x293

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Bill,

We have been runing Creo 1.0 since M010 and currently run M030. We have not seen any issues with Crashing, other than the normal occasional crash that has been around since Pro/ENGINEER 1.0

We are running the 64-bit version on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Our Workstations are Dell Precission T3500's. I attached the specs. we are running just in case it can help.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

M010 and M020 were crashing all the time on us.

Usually due to switching windows and usually involving assemblies. Same thing - as soon as you hit that check... *POOF*

M030 seems it may be better but we need more time to evaluate it to make sure.

We have had an issue since going to Creo 1.0 that causes crashes across all our workstations. We work with several Creo windows open and are seeing crashes when switching between assemblies and parts. The issue always occurs the moment you click the activate window within Creo.
[cid:681021519@01032012-3449]

Still having the issue with M030, Win 7 64, Nvidia FX3800 graphics card. Just upgraded to the latest Nvida driver, did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Bill Chapman
Sencon
ph 708-496-3100 x293

Are there any windows 7 settings that could cause this? I have changed from the Aero themes to the Windows 7 Basic theme to fix the issues with reordering features in the model tree. Are there other settings that could be creating issues when changing between Creo windows? Since this crash is consistent over several of the same HP win 7 64 workstations something must be set up incorrectly.
Regards,
Bill

We run Windows 7 in it's full Aero glory with no issues.

With so many configuration options, I would not know if we had something
setup that makes a difference. Here is our Config.pro just for you to
look at and see if any stands out. Not sure if this would help.

!=====================Display Settings============================
display_axes no
display_axis_tags no
display_coord_sys no
display_coord_sys_tags no
display_planes NO
display_plane_tags no
display_silhouette_edges no
display_points no
display_point_tags no
spin_center_display yes
tangent_edge_display solid
display_full_object_path yes
visible_message_lines 2
open_window_maximized yes
spin_with_part_entities yes
skip_small_surfaces no
sketcher_starts_in_2d no
display shadewithedges
!=====================Display Settings============================

!========================System Settings===========================
bell no
mass_property_calculate by_request
suppress_license_loss_dialog yes
dir_cache_max 500
retrieve_merge_ref_parts yes
sketcher_animated_modify yes
sketcher_disp_grid no
max_animation_time 1.0
default_dec_places 3
flip_arrow_scale 2
number_user_colors 50
info_output_mode CHOOSE
kbd_cmd_abbreviation OFF
mark_approximate_dims NO
menu_show_instances No
orientation TRIMETRIC
parenthesize_ref_dim no
prompt_on_exit no
provide_pick_message_always YES
retain_pattern_definition YES
save_objects CHANGED
shade_with CURVES
shade_surface_feat YES
nt_cache_dirs YES
highlight_erased_dwg_views NO
show_preview_default KEEP
enable_assembly_accuracy YES
allow_anatomic_features YES
enable_absolute_accuracy YES
accuracy_lower_bound .000001
clock no
enable_popup_help yes
model_tree_start yes
save_display YES
save_instance_accelerator ALWAYS
save_object_in_current no
show_axes_for_extr_arcs YES
use_temp_dir_for_inst YES
comp_assemble_start CONSTRAIN_IN_WINDOW
save_drawing_picture_file embed
save_model_display shading_lod
visible_mapkeys no
topobus_enable yes
allow_float_opt_checkout yes
inch_grid_interval .0625
mapkey s_v #VIEWS;#REPRESENT;#PICK
dxf_export_format 2000
dwg_export_format 2000
auto_add_remove yes
intf_pdf_use_adaptive_linestyle no
mdl_tree_cfg_file c:\ptc\tree\tree.cfg
trail_dir c:\ptc\trail-files
!========================System Settings===========================

Damián Castillo
CAD & Administration Manager
Engineering Department
Hensley Industries

I had the same problem (sound like it anyway). Running W7x64bit on a Dell Precision with the NVIDIA processor. I went to the NVIDIA control panel which you can get to by the computer control panel, there you can tell the graphics card to run pro/e or creo. By default it seems that the computer wants to run everying on the integrated intel graphics which seems to crash when running Creo. Oddly enough, that did not occur with earlier (wildfire) releases, just Creo.

Thanks Scott,

It seems that this is already OK, at least in the NVIDIA Control panel under Manage 3D settings it does recognize parametric.exe as an installed application and has the "program setting". Is this the setting you are referring to? I have attached a screen shot to show the settings. Are there some specific settings I need to change?
Regards,
Bill

If you have the option for Pro/ENGINEER on your Nvidia 3D Settings, you should only need to select it with no further changes. The interesting thing is that this option is only found on Certified versions of the Nvidia cards. We run a higher end card but it's not officially certified by PTC and you won't find the Pro/E or Creo settings anywhere but the card runs Creo great with all Windows 7 Aero options enabled.

I guess just because it's not certified, it does not mean it won't run Creo great. We are running NVidia Quadro FX 3800 cards which are not certified by PTC but work great.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

We also have the Nvidia FX3800 card, Win 7 64 and Creo 1.0 M030. I did not have the graphics card settings shown until I upgraded to the most recent driver (295.73). I did test and you are correct, the Areo options are no longer causing issues with Creo and feature re-order, so I left them enabled. Looks like somewhere between Creo F000 and M030 these issues have been corrected.

The FX3800 is listed on the "supported" configurations with the HP workstations we have. I know PTC does both "certified " and "supported", but it is good to hear that you have this working with no issues. I chose this graphics card because most the users on his exploder have given it great reviews. We had no issues with the the same hardware and WF5.0, something about our setup and Creo 1.0 have just disagreed.
Regards,
Bill

Try looking at your config.pro

I just found on M030 that we had a setting that causes Creo Simulate
to crash when opening the results window. PTC didn't even know it did
this but it does repeatably.

Setting in our config.pro was;
pro_colormap_path W:\Eng\Pro_E\Standards\

Don't know why this did it yet, but removing the line cured the crashes.

That's the interface - there is a selection for PTC Creo 1.0your screen shot shows PTC Pro/E.... also, try this...if you have a desktop icon for creo, RIGHT click the icon and look for the pop up menu selection:Run with graphics processor (arrow) <choose &quot;high-performance=" nvidia=" processor=" (default)&quot;="> mine says (default) because it is set up already that way.
Top Tags