cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 Centerline/Revolve Cut Issues

blenk
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Centerline/Revolve Cut Issues

We just went live with Creo 2.0 today and I am experiencing major problems with revolved cuts. For instance when I open an assembly it will open fine and nothing fails but when I regenerate the assembly or even just an individual part all my revolved cuts start failing. When I go into the cut to see why it failed it says in my dashboard that the “Axis of Revolution” is set to “InternalCL”. I go into the sketch everything looks fine, everything is defined, centerline is present. I exit the sketch and the “Axis of Revolution” is no longer defined and I either have to pick it or go back into the sketch and set my centerline to “Designate Axis of Revolution”. This may not be a big deal to fix just one feature but when you are working on a large assembly with multiple large die cast gearcases with hundreds of revolves per part it is a major deal. I’m guessing it has something to do with the fact that Creo 2.0 only has one type of centerline available in sketcher mode while our previous version of Creo(Creo Elements/Pro 5.0/Wildfire 5) had both a regular centerline and a geometry centerline and now Creo 2.0 is no longer recognizing those geometry centerlines as an axis of revolution? Anybody have any ideas on this before I go crazy? We are logging a call with PTC but don’t have time to mess around too long and figured someone on here may already know the answer.

Creo 2 M030

Windchill 10.0 M040

Thanks for your help!

Brandon Lenk

Senior Designer

TEAM Industries-Bagley

(218) 694-4128

-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Brandon,

We've just got a copy of Creo 2 installed to evaluate. Your report had me worried, so I opened a large assembly, then opened a part and tried changing / regenning a few (revolved, internal sketch and CL) features, but I couldn't reproduce what you report.

Please keep us posted on any feedback from your call with PTC.

Regards,
Jonathan

blenk
1-Newbie
(To:blenk)

We have been working with our PTC rep to resolve the issue. He was able to duplicate the problem in build codes M020 and M030 but not in M040. So right now we are testing M040 and planning to go to it as long as no other problems are found. Disappointing considering we have only been on Creo 2.0 for two full days and already need to switch to a new build code to fix this problem.

blenk
1-Newbie
(To:blenk)

After a little more than a week on Creo 2.0 M030 we have updated to M040 and it fixed the centerline issues we were having. Pretty scary to be on the latest build code of Creo but I guess we will have to live on the edge if that means are revolved cuts will not fail....

Sorry that we couldn't find a better soulution than just upgrading to the next build code.

Thanks-Brandon

Top Tags