cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0: Features failed, but not really

DaveClark
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0: Features failed, but not really

Hello Everyone,

We've got another oddity with Creo 2.0, and it's happening to more than one user.

Some parts are getting regeneration failures, and when the failed feature is opened - and without changing anything, the green checkmark box is clicked and the feature regenerates successfully as if there wasn't a problem in the first place.

When it's one feature, it's not so much of a nuisance, but when it gets to be 10+, it really slows some folks down.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!

Dave Clark
CAD Application Engineer
Dukane Corporation
Intelligent Assembly Solutions Division
2900 Dukane Drive
St. Charles, IL 60174
630-797-4922 (Phone)
630-797-4949 (Fax)

[cid:image001.png@01CD6040.35797C60][cid:image003.png@01CD6040.35797C60]<http: twitter.com=" dukaneias=">[cid:image004.png@01CD6040.35797C60]<http: www.youtube.com=" user=" dukaneultrasonics=">">http://usblog.dukane.com[cid:image002.png@01CD6040.35797C60]<http: www.facebook.com=" pages=" dukane-intelligent-assembly-solutions=" 3139592...
[cid:image005.jpg@01CD6040.35797C60]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I've seen this in WF5 - really only in one particular project. The project
in question was in Windchill - can't think of anything else unique about it.
The most frustrating part is spending time looking for what is wrong. The
more you look, the more time you waste! I wish I knew what had caused it.

I have been testing CREO1 for a couple of weeks and I get the exact same
problem.

1. Yellow regen light at the bottom of the screen.

2. Click on the light to open the regen window.

3. No items are listed.

4. Close the window, sometimes the light will change to green,
sometimes not.

Also in Windows 7 the CREO1 icon on the taskbar will have an Exclamation
Point in it. I presume that this is highlighting the fact that one (or
more) of the models, assy's, drawings have a regen issue or an external
model cannot be found, or a relation failed to resolve, etc..., but no
info can be had to see why this Exclamation point is up.

BTW, I am running CREO1 M040 without any type of PDM system.

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company

124 Hidden Valley Road

McMurray, PA 15317

I've also seen the exclamation point on the icon in the taskbar on Win7, and I've also wondered what it meant. I thought that running the mouse over it, or a click on it might shed light on the problem, but it doesn't. When I close all the windows and erase all the parts from memory, the exclamation point stays.

Remember on Wildfire 5 in drawing mode you had to update every sheet individually to get the sheets updated to the correct view.
Well it seems that PTC has decided to have you update every model now before it will give you a clean regeneration and/or file save.
I am using Creo 1 and Creo 2 and am seeing this in both.
You have to regen each model by it self before you get the green lite on the generic model.
What will they think of next??? Regen each feauture???

Fred J. Matthis
-
In God we trust.

We've been having strange issues with failures as well. When dealing with sheet metal assemblies, we are getting placement failures. There is nothing wrong with the placement. The sub-component has also regenerated properly. Our work-around was to suppress the feature during placement then unsurpress it when the failure mode is complete and ironically it works right away.

Here is the Creo 1.0 Icon on Windows 7 for those who have not seen this. Not sure why the exclamation but it bothers me.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

I'm using CREO1 (M040). The exclamation point should alert you to the
fact that one of the models, drawings, etc... in session has a failed
feature, relation, etc... It would be nice if a tooltip popped up
telling which model/item failed. I have also had a yellow sign pop up
when something in session needed a regen.

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company

124 Hidden Valley Road

McMurray, PA 15317
Top Tags